Showmax is welcoming exciting proposals from Kenyan producers for a literary adaptation series based on or inspired by a Kenyan book. The proposed series should be made up of 8 or 16 episodes. Limited series are also welcome
- Logline: summary of the series (no more than 30 words).
- Summary of Book: its story, appeal, and publisher information.
- Character bios of main key characters – not more than 4 characters. (Their goals, needs, desires and weaknesses)
- Episode Breakdowns: Highlight the beginning, middle, and end of each episode in a couple of sentences.
- Series Lookbook and Moodboard: Picture collage that gives us a glimpse of how the series will look like in terms of cinematography and production design, mood, and tone.
- Company profile &Team: Who are the filmmakers behind the project? What have you done previously? Who will be doing what?
- Publisher Agreement: Agreement with publisher confirming option rights to the said book. If the agreement process is not completed, please provide a letter of intent from the publisher stating the timelines for the rights clearance.
- Preliminary Budget: How much will it cost to produce each episode?
- Showreel: A link to your showreel or sample of your work, no longer than 3 minutes.
- References: Please include contact details for three references. References cannot include M-Net personnel.
Completed scripts are not necessary at the stage of submission.
Presentation must not be more than 15 slides.
Technical and editorial standards required will be set out in the production agreement.
Showmax will have the final editorial and creative control over all aspects of the Commissioned Movie.
The Evaluation/Selection Process
Receipt of proposals will be acknowledged by email notification. Only shortlisted applications will be invited for pitches.
Our selection process will take roughly 12 weeks. If you don’t hear from us within 90 days after submissions deadline, consider your application unsuccessful.
Deadline for Submissions: 20th February 2023.
More details here
6 thoughts on “Showmax Book Adaptation Brief”
Waiting patiently for you to come home and fuck me! http://bitly.ws/znHX
I don’t think the title of your article matches the content lol. Just kidding, mainly because I had some doubts after reading the article.
Thanks for sharing. I read many of your blog posts, cool, your blog is very good.
Your point of view caught my eye and was very interesting. Thanks. I have a question for you.
Thanks for sharing. I read many of your blog posts, cool, your blog is very good. https://www.binance.com/vi/register?ref=V3MG69RO
Hi I am so thrilled I found your site, I really found you byaccident, while I was looking on Google for something else, Regardless I amhere now and would just like to say thanks for a remarkable post and a all round thrilling blog (Ialso love the theme/design), I don’t have time to read through it all at the moment but I have bookmarked it and also included your RSS feeds,so when I have time I will be back to read much more, Please do keep up the fantastic jo.
Comments are closed.